Welcome to Aberdeen Tramps and Ither Weel Kent Fowk! Make yourself comfy on that park bench, grab your bottle of Buckfast and find out who's hot and who's not in the ever-changing world of the vomit encrusted streets of Aberdeen!

Street Entertainers will be recognised at last!
Religious Fanatics outside Markies will know someone is listening!
And our colourful tramps will no longer be forgotten!

Join me in my fond remeniscence of The Granite City's most colourful characters and street entertainers - for I'm sure you'll all agree a good political rant or a singing tramp is as worthy of a cheering crowd as the best buskers...

Monday, November 14, 2005

Jo-Jo

Aaah Jo-Jo. What words can we use to describe thee?

Transvestite. Paedophile. Those are two I've heard used on many an occasion. As one comment on donstalk.co.uk points out, the Evening Express, in one of their better moments, described him as "a well known local male prostitue with a low IQ". Arf!

Actually... Jo-Jo seems to have been about Aberdeen for YEARS. Well not the years he was supposedly banged up for some child-related-crime. A workmate of mine was up on Broad Hill as a child in the early 80's when Jo-Jo approached him ("Ah jist buried a guid pal o' mine") and he was well known enough then for said workmate to leg it back off down to the carnies like is only sensible.

My only experience of him was seeing this man in ladies slacks, casual baby blue shoulder-padded top, blue eyeshow, shocking pink lipstick and stubble mince quickly up Holburn Street pursued by some Holburn Urchins (crying "Awa' ye tranny!") with his attack alarm on full volume before getting on to the number 16 bus screaming about the "little wee basturds!"

It does, indeed, take all sorts :P

posted by Aberdeen Tramps | Monday, November 14, 2005


12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving this blog.

I have seen Jo-jo a couple of years back when I used to work for the Gala bingo on King Street. I heard a rumour that he sexually assaulted a baby, but then again who knows the truth when it comes to these people. I'm sure people must make things up about them.

December 09, 2005  
Blogger Neighbour of Teh Hoors! said...

Yeah, I've heard that rumour too. I think I've seen him round my part of the town as well Mr Tramps!

February 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wsa his sisters baby and he definitely got banged up for it.

February 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to work in Aberdeen Prison and believe me what Jo JO will do to fellow inmates for half an ounce of baccy. Thats why Peterhead does not work and the death sentence would. The pervs get every sexual fetish they require catered for then they get released back into the community.

July 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dinna blame jo jo. his mother and sister used to dress him up in girls clothes when he was a bairn. whole family are nutters, mustve been sexual abuse in there too!

January 27, 2009  
Blogger Neighbour of Teh Hoors! said...

Aye, you have to wonder what the poor guy went through. I haven't seen him around for years though. Wonder if he's still about?

February 08, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i delivered his mas paper for years it was scary! used to run doon stairs! he was meant to be right hard bastard!

April 23, 2009  
Blogger Neighbour of Teh Hoors! said...

I have to say Anonymous, when I saw him at the Spar on Holburn St he was built like a (well decorated, if pink "slacks" and blue eyeshadow-with-beard is your style) brick shithouse.

Noone messes with the Jojo...

May 15, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't seen him for years. With his make up on and dressed in a frock he wasn't the ugliest thing down Shore Lane !!!

May 30, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was an officer in peterhead prison when jo jo was there, one day he alledged he took an overdose of paracetamol and we had to take him to ARI, i intimated to the doctor that i thought jojo was faking it............turned out he wasnt lying, he actually did take an overdose, nothing happened though.
and he had smelly feet and the longest toenails ever

June 09, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, I was always down at my grunnies, this was where Jo Jo happened to stay, therefore I came across him on a few occasions.

He was a member of the local Army Cadets,I always remember him being surrounded by the other cadets each holding a brick and shouting "dunce Jo Jo dunce", I think that is why he could tap dance so well years later.

My uncle was coming off a bus, remember those with the open rear alighting bit.Jojo happened to be swinging his leg in and out of the bus, my uncle politely informed that there were parked cars coming and to watch himself.
Jojo replied in his camp voice"mind yer ane f****** business" just after those words left his mouth , he was seen to be lying in the road with a broken leg.

My late mother happened to wear a very bright blonde wig, she was known on the cb as the blonde bombshell, however she did not take kindly to people making fun of her wig.

One night in Nardi's chipper, Jojo was to meet my mother in the queue.He kept staring at my ma and finally said,"that's a f****** wig at.she then proceeded to batter him with her high heeled shoe, he did not stay for his chips.

My fondest memory was whan we were all at the Grandy picture house,Jojo and his sister were sitting in the middle of the stalls.

Halfway through the film, the hushed audience heard the biggest fart ever and then cames the howls of laughter from jojo echoing through the cinema.

The polish ticket mannie, do you remember him with his fancy uniform was heard to say his famous phrase "I tell you once,I tell you twice, I no tell you three times,OUT.

However, a sad event in his troubled life has left him in a ward at Cornhill hospital.

December 26, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aye! poor Jo-Jo
I remember he used to run up to me saying "aye ken year ma"
Meet a guy offshore once who told me he got approached by a male dressed in female clothing down the harbour. Jo-Jo asked him if he wanted a blow-job So the guy punched him one and as he walked away all he heard was " for fuck sake I only asked if ye want a blowjob. There ye go that’s Jo-Jo.
Really Jo-Jo was a sexual predator.
I think if you ask around you will find out the he is dead. Rumour has it after an incident around 1994 or there about,were he was left looking after someone’s baby, whom he struck or possible tampered with, got locked up and someone cut his throat, not sure if this was the true reason behind his death.


weegee

February 23, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home