Welcome to Aberdeen Tramps and Ither Weel Kent Fowk! Make yourself comfy on that park bench, grab your bottle of Buckfast and find out who's hot and who's not in the ever-changing world of the vomit encrusted streets of Aberdeen!

Street Entertainers will be recognised at last!
Religious Fanatics outside Markies will know someone is listening!
And our colourful tramps will no longer be forgotten!

Join me in my fond remeniscence of The Granite City's most colourful characters and street entertainers - for I'm sure you'll all agree a good political rant or a singing tramp is as worthy of a cheering crowd as the best buskers...

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Markies Street Preacher #3

Now this is Aberdeen's current Preacher Of Choice. He and his Outside Church set up outside Markies without fail every weekend. He could be there weekdays too. I don't know. I work for a living...

This one isn't afraid of unholy technology no! He even saves his voice for saying Grace of an evening... by using a nice wee set up. And I'm so dedicated to my blog (after my long absence), that I even went and took photos of him.

I present... Markies Street Preacher #3.



Markies Street Preacher #3 sets up his kit



... and then leaves technology to get on with it and spread the word


as he catches up on all the latest news in the Peenj.

posted by Aberdeen Tramps | Thursday, January 05, 2006


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These guys really do my head in. If someone from another religion such as Sikhism or Islam decided to blast some god-bothering music across a pedestrianised walkway there would be uproar. Yet somehow its ok for mad christian folk to force their opinions on other people.

I would be a lot happier going for a latte without some holier-than-thou wanker trying to save me from my sinful ways.

January 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....i never know wot this machine is rantin on about its just sum racket in the background & if ur in a daydream u almost trip over the bloody machine

December 22, 2006  
Blogger gillian said...

I went to uni with this guys son. This is not a joke.

RGU.

January 11, 2008  
Anonymous Busker Dubh said...

Right good blog, this. First time I've seen it. I must admit, I had a scan to see if I was on it! I used to busk around Aberdeen, but I'm not lettin on who I am. I remember nearly every one of these characters, wow. This guy was nice - I'd often chat wi him. The Fat American Preacher was a serious menace - he used to start up when I was buskin. I mind Dod the Piper (tartan punk) once went RIGHT up behind him, one inch from him, and started piping. Great.
D'you know that song Come All Ye Tramps and Hawkers? Appropriate.

August 22, 2009  
Blogger Neighbour of Teh Hoors! said...

Cheers Busker Dubh!
And great to hear from one of the Grey Toon's buskers! You guys make the place what it is - are you still busking?

Aye I mind Dod the Piper and I know Tramps and Hawkers well ;)
HN

October 23, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to a wedding in Dundee and it turns out, I'm related to this bloke. No joke.

February 24, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home